Redskins Launch Military Appreciation Club
The Washington Redskins have announced the launch of Redskins Salute, the team’s free, official military appreciation club.
Under the leadership of owner Dan Snyder, the Washington Redskins created Redskins Salute to amplify the team’s decade-long military appreciation initiatives into one comprehensive, year-round platform.
Launched in partnership with the USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore (USO-Metro), Redskins Salute is a free community providing a platform for fans to serve, support, thank and connect with military service members and their families. Redskins Salute will also offer free events, exclusive content and support programs for military service members and their families to address needs in the areas of education, family services, health and wellness and post-service job creation.
The free events and programs will build upon the success of long-standing military-related events with USO-Metro, including free ticket distribution to Redskin home games and other FedExField special events. Other events include the Salute to Play 60: Military Challenge at Joint Base Andrews (Air Force-Navy) and an appearance by Redskins rookies at USO-Metro’s newly constructed Warrior and Family Center in Bethesda, Md., in addition to the team’s military initiatives at FedExField during the season.
Eligibility for Redskins Salute includes all active duty troops, members of the National Guard and Reserves, and military veterans, from all branches in the U.S. military, as well as their family members.
Eligible military members and their families can join free of charge by visiting www.redskinssalute.com.
To maximize the impact of its events and support programs, Redskins Salute has partnered with organizations with a long-standing commitment to serving military service members across the nation, including USO-Metro, Kaplan University and RecruitMilitary.
For more than 70 years, the USO has served as a support system for America’s military troops and their families to boost morale through support programs and outreach initiatives. Named as the preferred non-profit partner of Redskins Salute, USO-Metro will provide Redskins Salute members with exclusive content and awareness of other local activities and support services, as well as assist in bringing Redskins Salute events to existing USO Centers throughout the region. The partnership will also allow Redskins Salute to host exclusive, private events on military bases, such as player visits for active service members and their families.
“With the help of USO-Metro, we are proud to have the opportunity to show our gratitude and support for those who have served our country through sustained, year-round engagement,” said Bruce Allen, Redskins President and General Manager.
“Boosting the morale of members of our military community is at the heart of everything we do at USO-Metro,” said Elaine Rogers, President and CEO of USO-Metro. “Redskins Salute aligns beautifully with our mission to ‘lift the spirits of America’s troops and their families’ and we’re looking forward to working with the Redskins to celebrate the service of those who have and continue to give so much for our nation.”
Listed below is a number of upcoming special events designed by Redskins Salute to honor military service members. Events such as these will be held year-round.
- June 28: RecruitMilitary will host a career fair presented by DAV for former and retired military service members at FedExField.
- July 13: Redskins Salute will hold Military Appreciation Day at FedExField for service members and their families, including raffles with exclusive giveaways, live entertainment, stadium tours and access to players, cheerleaders and Redskins alumni.
- July – August: Redskins Salute will host service members in a VIP tent during training camp. Times will be announced at a later date.
- August: Redskins Salute host nearly 1,500 military service members in uniform on the Bud Light Party Deck at FedExField as the Redskins host the New England Patriots in their preseason game.
- August 7: Redskins Salute VIP Gameday Hospitality Party invites active duty, former and retired service members to partake in a VIP hospitality party prior to kick-off against the New England Patriots. Limited entry.